It’s February 2011! So what does that mean? The day of hearts is just around the corner. Lovers are already expected to do some plans just to show their love to their partners while the single ones (like me!) would rather consider February as the Single Awareness Month LOL 😛
I don’t have any intentions of joining the Love Post bandwagon (ok, i’m lying then Haha), but I would like to share some of my random thoughts about February or specifically, on LOVE.
1. NEVER HAD A ROMANTIC VALENTINES DATE. Yes, at age 23, i never really had that candlelit dinner in a fancy restaurant or anything intimate to begin with on the 14th of February. You’d see me either working, hanging out with friends or just at home chatting with my friends online. I am not sure if this year will be a different one, but i am hoping. I am not expecting, but i am hoping. Expecting and Hoping are two different words, but i find it hard to differentiate them in a wider manner. Get me? No? K.
2. PROM DAY IN HIGH SCHOOL IS… not worth remembering either. Ok, it is worth remembering in a way. During our JS PROM when we were in ThirdYear, I couldn’t really remember who my first dance was. I can remember the last dance though since he was one of the most admired guys in school. He is a tall, chinito charmer who is also a gentleman. He ended up as my last dance partner because we swapped from another couple. I don’t want to elaborate LOL. The last prom night is quite special because most of my ‘adings’ from the Junior batch really approached me and danced with me. My last dance turned out to be my crush hehe. I ended up removing my shoes because i’m taller than him. I wanted to savour that moment so yes, i danced while holding my shoes 😛 It is a moment worth turning into a short film.
3. I WANT TO DO A STAR CINEMA LOVE-THEMED MOVIES MARATHON. I remember planning this out with some friends of mine way back in college. I would love to watch the films of Rico Yan – Claudine Barretto, Jericho Rosales – Kristine Hermosa, Sam Milby – Toni Gonzaga and of course, John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo! I am such a Filipino romance-comedy girl especially if the lead character is a girl who exudes a strong persona outside, but is longing for a guy to spend the rest of her life with secretly. Best reference is Claudine’s character in Got2Believe. 😛
4. POSTCARDS GALORE. When I was in London, i was able to buy some postcards. Instead of buying some stuff for my friends in the Philippines, i think it is much better to send them some postcards from the UK. Admit it, we all want to receive postcards especially now that it is already rare to see people going to the post office to send some real letters. I am thinking of starting my own postcard collection. Do you want to trade postcards? Just send me an email or post at the comment section below 🙂
5. MY RELATIONSHIP WITH EBAY.CO.UK. My laptop charger got broken last December and this lead me to purchasing a new one via Ebay.co.uk. I know that some of my friends are frequent Ebay buyers in the Philippines, but it is my first time to do my online purchase here 😛 So far, i have purchased four items already using my Paypal credits for payment. It is quite addicting and I should stop soon because even my mom and brother are asking me to purchase items online LOL. It’s ok though because i haven’t bought anything for them for the longest time 😛
6. PROJECT52WEEKS YOUTUBE CHANNEL – I am partly successful with Project52Weeks.com last year. I recently updated it with backlogs and i almost made it. I am just a bit lazy to post the last two videos. I created a separate YouTube account for P52W for 2011 and i have two videos up. I am planning to post more travel video clips and short stories so that if i can’t blog a certain trip, i can easily edit some videoclips and make one presentation for it. Another friend also told me that it is also a perfect way for me to unleash my creativity even with the lack of necessary tools and equipments. I can do this! Please subscribe!
7. NEW PHONE – After four years of being loyal to my N70, my mom gave me a new phone as a Christmas present. I am still exploring my QWERTY phone. I still prefer my old one because i find it more easier to text and call rather than this new… errr…. new for me one. The Blackberry is still waiting to be claimed in the Philippines LOL.
8. MY SLEEPING PATTERN. My sleeping pattern got worse. I am a night person and i thought i’d be able to fix it once i am settled here in England. I managed to sleep at 12mn on my first two weeks here, but i messed up again. It’s 2:30am here as i type this entry and yes, i should be sleeping.
9. MAKE THE FILM. Last year, I completed my third short film called ‘POSITIVE’. I recently uploaded a copy of the film in two video sites and i am planning to promote it soon since i joined in an online film festival. ‘POSITIVE’ is different from my two previous works (Kuya Bunso and The 12th of June). I would like to make another one for this year for personal satisfaction. To tell you the truth, i made my first film because i want to prove to myself that i CAN make one. Going full-length is easy to say, but it is quite hard to do especially if you lack funds. For now, i won’t be thinking about other competitions. I’d focus on making my dream project work. It will work.
10. PAGBABALIK NG LAKWATSERA. I’m going back to the Philippines next month and that will make me a balikbayan 😛 I am planning to travel again but this time, i’d like to focus more on Luzon. I haven’t booked any plane tickets yet (Cebu, Coron and Davao still on the list), but i will surely go to these three places that i love. I want to visit Sagada, Puerto Galera and Laoag. For now, i will enjoy London and Rugby 😛
So that’s it for now! I am thinking too much, huh? I have a number of draft entries in my dashboard still waiting to be completed and published. I need to write down these random thoughts just because yeah. Just because i want to 😛