I’m going to Cebu for the 9th time this weekend to attend this year’s Cebu Blog Camp! Now on its second year, a number of Cebu-based bloggers united to organize Cebu’s biggest blog event. Last year, I was chosen to talk about the Basics of Blogging (Blogging 101) and I really had fun during my talk. Although I don’t have any significant participation for this year’s leg, I still booked a flight to Cebu for the weekend because of the following reasons:
1. I Love Cebu! – This upcoming trip is my 9th time in the Queen City of the South, but I just can’t help but go back. The last time I went there was last August 2010 and stayed there for two days just to hangout with friends, meet up with a relative and just chill like a dude (I’m playing Jessie J’s ‘Do It Like a Dude’ now. I’m sorry haha). Originally, i planned to relocate to Cebu after my UK Trip. Almost everything a Manilenyo wants in a city is already there -only with less traffic and cheaper cost of living. Attending the Cebu Blog Camp is a perfect excuse to book a flight to Cebu and enjoy a whole day of learning.
2. Missing my Cebu-based Blogger Friends – I’ve blogged about my Cebu trips in the past and it is pretty evident that my relationship with some Cebu-based bloggers doesn’t only revolve around blogging. I consider most of them as my true friends and they’re a crazy bunch (in a good way). They love to eat, gallivant, laugh, act on my P52W videos and simply hangout with me or my other Manila-based friends who goes to Cebu with me. It’s about time to catch up and also meet other bloggers whom I haven’t really had the chance to talk to much last year.
3. Specific Talks I Want to Catch – What i noticed about the program flow for this year’s CBC is that it has a specific niche for every topic. I am looking forward to the talk of Estan Cabigas on Travel Blogging. I failed to catch his talk last year at the Visayas Blogging Summit and I would really love to learn more from him. I am a fan of his works and his dedication to his craft. I’m lucky because he joined us at the Pangasinan Tour last year. Also, it will be my first time to catch Coy Caballes talk about Social Media Marketing. For the past years, he’s been discussing about Videoblogging in blogging events. Time to hear Coy say his piece that is related to his current job. Imma take down notes! 😛
4. Will it be better? – I enjoyed last year’s Cebu Blog Camp. Aside from the interesting talks of different bloggers with different personas, Doyzkie and X were able to handle the program proper well. Never a dull moment 😛 Although I think they’re part of the Cebu Blog Camp team this year (please to update this page hehe), i’m still curious of this year’s CBC will be able to surpass last year. Wala lang, added pressure 😛
5. To meet new friends/networking – Offline interaction is very much important in the Blogosphere. I know that there’s a bunch of newbie bloggers attending the CBC, or those who rarely go to offline events sign up for this. I would also like to see the real persona of the bloggers behind the blogs i visit. I am also looking forward to meeting up with fellow PTB Group members. Photo-op na ‘toh! 😛
THE CEBU BLOG CAMP 2011
is co-presented by
Media and Institution Partners
Official Web Browser
Official TV Media Partner
Official Online Print Media
Official Photo-Social Media Partner
Academy for International Culinary Arts
*** The Cebu blog Camp Â is an event organized annually by theÂ Cebu Bloggers of the Blog and Soul Movement which is the educating leg of the Philippine Blog Awards Inc. which has been running for already four years. This is the largest gathering of bloggers in Cebu.
Are you attending the Cebu Blog Camp? See you there! 😀