August 11, 2008 is a memorable date for me. Missing Carlo, my blog dedicated to my one and only special brother, was recognized as one of the Ten Emerging Influential Blogs of 2008. Though the said list was then dominated by group blogs with different niches, I was able to make it on the list. I think blogging about something that is close to your heart makes a difference. I noticed that majority of the bloggers who voted for me are mothers and siblings of special children. Up to this day, I am still receiving some emails and comments from the readers whom in a way, was touched with my lovestory with Carlo.
Now, it’s about time to recognize a bunch of new blogs for the Emerging Influential Blogs of 2009! I would like to congratulate Tita Janette and the Digital Filipino Club as this writing project is already on its 3rd year.
So who made it on my list? Read on.
1. Patay Gutom – The Patay Gutom Blog started last year with only three writers then later on recruited two more and now the group blog has more respondents. What makes this blog special? Hmmmm… Just refer to this blog post yay!
2. Nitropixel – This is the SEO Tutorial blog of Engr. Chairell Winston Almendras a.k.a Batang Yagit, who won at the recently concluded Claremont Design SEO Challenge. Winning the said competition with the help of his very patient partner somewhat made some bloggers try their luck in the succeeding SEO contests online. I just wish that the author updates his blog more often.
2. Batang Lakwatsero – Travel blog of my Nyok friend Winston Almendras. Though he is best known online as Batang Yagit, I can tell you that this guy is not a Yagit at all. Well, he used to. He used to gallivant at the streets of Davao then Cebu and Manila just to work as a beggar and he asked for money from strangers. He kept his hard-earned money at a certain piggy bank and later on bought a camera. He is also saving up for his upcoming trips to Cebu, Davao, Malaysia and Singapore. Siya na ang tunay na lakwatserong yagit.
3. Lets Go Sago! – Sago and the person behind the blog named Jonel Uy is often seen in events mostly related to Food, Lifestyle and Travel. He lauched a number of online contests much for the delight of his readers. Sago’s adventures are very nice to read and yeah, the blog name has another meaning LOL 😛
4. Through the Focal Glass – The eighteen year old photoblogger behind this is one of the most interesting person i met this year. Van takes not only nice photographs, but he has a lot to say about life in general. I bet you wouldn’t understand by now, but try to talk to this guy. I am also amazed on how dedicated he is on his duties at the Cebu Bloggers Society.
5. Singing Blogger – I met the singing blogger months ago and my, i am amazed with his powerful voice! I loved his version of Robbie Williams’ Angels when he sang the ballad at the TV5 event. The guy knows a number of SEO tricks too! His newly-released blog contains some of his renditions of hits such as Jai Ho. I bet this guy will be discovered by a talent agent soon. I would love to record a duet with him too LOL 😛
6. Adaphobic – The personal blog of Ada Lajara. You might read mostly events-related stuff on her blog, but this girl deserves a nomination. Why? Her influence on helping other graphic artists, bloggers and photographers is enough. She is also the girl behind the popular Friendster Layouts site, VixenArt.
7. The Accidental Teacher – I’ve met Ms. Ria in a wine tasting event. She was introduced to me by Sire and I found out from Jonel that Ria is actually a sister and she even distributed some bands for Autistic children. If you guys could remember clearly, Missing Carlo is all about a sister’s love for her special brother. I would like to see a blog on the list for this year who shares the same interest as I do in terms of special education.
8. Bryan Karl – Bryan is a good friend from Cebu. I met him last month together with some of the Cebu-based bloggers. This extraordinary kiddo and iskolar ng bayan has a lot of things to say about life. Try to read his blog 😀
9. Thirsty Blogger – We’ve seen a number of food blogs which are dedicated to appetizers, desserts, meals, restaurants, recipes etc. Thirsty Blogger, the newest baby of Fitz Villafuerte is unique in the sense that it is the only Pinoy blog dedicated to drinks – alcoholic and non-alcoholic! Sabi ni Fitz pagnanalo siya magpapainom daw siya LOL.
10. Video Chops – Another great blog from my favorite Candy Boy blogger Coy Caballes. Check out his newly-released blog dedicated to the thing he has zero knowledge of: VIDEOBLOGGING! 😛 I am pretty excited with this one because I’ve seen Coy grow as a blogger. I am proud to say that I won in his first contest almost two years ago 😛
Replaced Nitropixel to Batang Lakwatsero due to some reason. Anyway, I’m pretty excited with the results! 😀
Thanks to Absolute Traders , Business Summaries Blog4Reviews.com , Fitness Advantage Club and My Brute Cheats !
Hopefully, I can make it in your list Mica. 🙂
Wow congratz sa mga napili.. It’s my 1st time to be here in your blog.. so ayun.. naks napili ang pataygutom.. LOve the food there.. 🙂
Yehey! Thank you for recognizing Sago and including him in your list. 🙂 *hugs*
wow nice list you got here! hehe 😀
Woot, sana makumpleto na ang list mo.
Uie, si kuya Winston engineer na. Di parin ako makagetover. 😀
Congrats to the nominees. Please consider Kelvinonian Ideas 2.0, a photoblog which started last sept. 2008. Thank you!
I can’t thank you enough Mica. I really appreciate your consideration to my new blog. Tara duet na! 🙂
Nice list. Parang pelikula, may part 2 or sequel. Makes for great drama or suspense whichever way you look at it.
@Roy: Really? Ok, will check that out, too. “,)
I followed the link to Missing Carlo, it’s a great blog. It deserves the recognition it got last year.
I love personal blogs, especially those that talks about family
Hi Mica! I’d like to congratulate the blogs that made it to your list. The final half is so mysterious. I do hope that I’ll have a chance to be one of those. 🙂 My blog, by the way, is about parenting and being a mom. It started January just this year. I hope you’ll consider it.
astig ung sa nitropixel! may mga tips and trick sa SEO
Pingback: Random Whispers of a Good Friend
PG is in my list too. layo na narating mo mica, since i first bumped into your i.ph blog a couple of years ago. belated congrats for the 2008 win!
Ako rin naghahanap pa ng apat. 😀
ako ay isang yagit. bow.
@coy. ehem ehem. 😛
Thanks for the nomination!!! I am honored to make your list 🙂 I’m sure that even if I don’t make the final ten in the end (although I do hope I do hehehe!!!), being included in these lists WILL allow others to become more aware of how we can all make a difference, not just in the lives of people with special needs, but of all those around us.
comment ulit 😛 thanks sa nomination nyok kahit tinanggal mo ako sa list. 😛
Mica! Salamat! Whhaa!!
@wins, anjan pa rin naman yung travel blog mu woot! Hanep sa GRAVATAR 😆
Waaah Mica!!! Thank you very100x much! 😀
Good Luck sa lahat ng mga nominee….
Blogfornoob Dot Com
Hi Mica. This is to mark your entry as complete. For raffle inclusion, please update your sponsors list today.