Postcards from England: Postcard Exchange Project

I used to collect stamps when i was younger. I was influenced by my dad. He taught me how to remove the stamps in envelopes without destroying them. It was the time wherein I had penpals (yes i had some when i was in elementary!). I also ended up collecting some of the envelopes from my mom’s letters that was sent by her former workmates who tried their luck in countries such as Canada, UAE, UK, Italy, United States among others.

Postcards From England - Postcard Exchange Project

Right now, people seldom send letters, greeting cards or postcards via mail. Why spend some money buying writing materials and stamp if you can communicate by text, chat and email anyway?

When I arrived here in England, I saw a tourist holding her postcard album. She was telling her friend that she managed to collect those postcards by swapping with other collectors from different parts of the world. That’s when I get the idea of starting my own postcard collection.

Two weeks ago, I bought some postcards and sent it to my close friends in the Philippines. I think most of it received it already and they’re happy with it. Don’t you just love getting postcards?

I am here in London right now and i managed to buy more postcards. Instead of buying some pasalubongs to my friends, i think it is much more better to send them postcards. Chocolates and souvenir magnets, t-shirts and memorabilias can be bought in the Philippines. I think sending postcards these days is considered ‘rare’ and yes, it is the thought that counts!

As a Valentine treat to my readers, I would like to introduce my new baby – Postcards From England: Postcard Exchange Project. I will be sending out some postcards while I am here in England (I only have two more weeks left). I still have 15 postcards here to be filled out! If you want to receive a postcard from me, just post your intentions at the comments section. I will e-mail you shortly for your home address and i will send the postcard anytime this week. In exchange, I would like you to send me a postcard with the photo of your province (if you’re from the Philippines) or country. If you can blog about your thoughts about receiving a postcard from the mail, that will be highly appreciated.

I will compile all postcards and blog entries and I will also share my own thoughts before my 24th birthday. Now are you willing to swap postcards with me? ๐Ÿ˜›

Be Sociable, Share!
Tagged with: โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข

Loved my post? Subscribe to Micamyx and be updated!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

21 Comments to Postcards from England: Postcard Exchange Project

1. rabsin_d
    February 15th, 2011 at 8:19 am

ang kyut naman…something different…I want to try this… I also experienced having penpal during high school pero requirement kasi yung sa english class namin…so it was kind of an obligation…hehehe

2. Miko Cabuyadao
    February 15th, 2011 at 8:21 am

Mica! Not sure if you remember me but I used to work for GMCI. I’m now based in Singapore. And a coincidence that I have a postcard project too! I send them out mostly to close friends in the Phils anyway. But it would be more fun If I receive it too! Hahaha! Send me your postal address and I’ll be happy to add you in my mailing list. :-)

3. julie
    February 15th, 2011 at 8:35 am

me! i want to try that Mica :)

4. pusang-kalye
    February 15th, 2011 at 8:48 am

kaos 2 weeks kanalang dyan Mica. panun yun? aabot paba? pwede blog entry? sayted na talaga akong makatanggap ng post card from London. D; nice [roject. ang galing mo talagang mag conceptualize ng new projects.D

5. Micamyx
    February 15th, 2011 at 9:22 am

@Rabsin – Go Go Go! It will be a good reason to write legibly LOL ๐Ÿ˜€

@Miko – Of course I do ๐Ÿ˜€ I’m sending one to Joyce din hehehe sige i’ll send you one din. I’ll email you once the list is finalized na ๐Ÿ˜€

@Julie – Sige po. May sign din ni Carlo kulit hehe ๐Ÿ˜€

@Anton – Any will do ๐Ÿ˜€ I just figured out kung meron din talagang by province na postcards sa Pinas…. alam ko yung major cities meron, pero yung iba hindi ako sure.

6. SiRVis
    February 15th, 2011 at 9:25 am

ayos ‘to. Old school. pero nalungkot ako naalala ko yung mga nawalang postcards ko he he. Personalized postcard pwede?

7. rabsin_d
    February 15th, 2011 at 9:58 am

oo nga…hehehe! I hope to see you soon mica! tc

8. Ada
    February 15th, 2011 at 10:28 am

I think the reason why I haven’t received mine under Rizal province ang Cainta eeek I got to wait for another 5 to 7 days I think wooot! Pagpunta ko Bora and Palawan bili na ko postcard ๐Ÿ˜€

9. zhequia
    February 15th, 2011 at 11:35 am

omg. i so love this idea! can you add me in the list? :) i love postcards. my dad used to send us some when he was travelling abroad. ๐Ÿ˜€

10. Winston
    February 15th, 2011 at 12:42 pm

bat madilim? O.O

11. Kate
    February 15th, 2011 at 3:25 pm

I used to have over 50 penpals when i was in grade school ๐Ÿ˜› Ubusan ng allowance! Most of my money went to envelopes, paper and postage fees. I really love snail mail and still send out postcards to my friends abroad :) I’m also part of postcrossing.

I would love to receive a postcard from you <3 Padalhan din kita! Happy Hearts day!

12. dana
    February 15th, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Ehem!!!!

13. Kalokang Pinay
    February 15th, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Cute project =)

Isa ito sa gusto ko sa mga bitoy, mahilig pa rin sila sa snail mail. Kapag may colleague kaming nagaabroad, lagi kami nakakatanggap ng post cards. Iba pa rin talaga ng dating nito kesa text. Well done & hope you’re enjoying your stay here in England :-)

14. Doyzkie
    February 16th, 2011 at 11:04 am

Galing! i want a postcard din! hahaha. and swap postcard! sure sure!

15. Micamyx
    February 17th, 2011 at 6:59 am

Check your inbox guys and gals! ๐Ÿ˜€

16. ethel
    February 17th, 2011 at 8:06 am

mica ang sayaรขโ„ขยฅ abot pa ba ako haaha
    lagi din ako nakakareceive ng postcards from england before kaso nga nawala sa uso! :(

17. Kai
    February 17th, 2011 at 11:20 am

Nice idea, mica! :) I would love to receive a postcard from you! Enjoy London!

18. halojin
    February 18th, 2011 at 6:18 pm

^_^ galing naman po! sana ako din maka receive ng ganyan? hmmm d ko pa na experience maka tanggap ng ganyan ^_^

19. Mark
    February 20th, 2011 at 7:42 am

What a great idea Mica , I always enjoy sending and receiving postcards . sadly I thought I was alone in this , but reading this post I realise others enjoy it as much as I do . Enjoy the rest of your trip Mica and if you have a spare card I’d would love to find it in my mailbox , lol, snail mailbox that is . E-cards etc just don’t have that same feeling as the old school letters and cards .

20. Zaryne
    February 21st, 2011 at 1:10 am

Ang dami kong naalala sa entry na to. :p

Last August, nung nakarating ako sa Grand Palace, sa kainan sa loob, may nakita akong mga foreigners na busy sa pagsusulat sa mga post cards. First time kong makakita ng mga taong ganun. Naisip ko masaya yun pero mas masaya siguro yung mga makakatanggap nun. Isipin mong naisip ka ng taong nageenjoy sa pagliliwaliw.

Last January, nung nasa Universal Studios ako, tumitingin ako ng mga Betty Boop items pero as expected mga mahal sila. Nakita ko may mga post cards din na Betty Boop. Bumili ako tapos naghanap ako ng postal service na malapit sa hostel na tinutuluyan ko at pinadala ko sa teacher ko nung elementary na tumulong para makapagtapos ako.

Sigurado ako marami kang mapapangiti sa project mo.

21. Ivan
    March 12th, 2011 at 10:52 am

wow..that’s nice… i’m a stamp collector.. wala pa ako UK stamps..