Just last month, i wrote a blog entry about my experience as a participant at iBlog3 and iBlog4. It was through the blogging summit where i met other bloggers and at the same time learn from the speakers.
Last Saturday, AJ and I gave a talk on the Basics of Blogging or simply Blogging 101. Ms. Janette asked me if I wanted to speak for the newbies. I was a bit worried since err… I have a slight phobia on speaking onstage. I then realized that this is a perfect chance for me to overcome that fear and at the same time share my Â ideas on blogging.
I rejoiced when I found out that AJ, the hottest gay blogger in the world, is my partner for the talk. We were both busy with our respective careers (charot!) that’s why we only managed to meet up two days before the talk. We both realized that majority of the attendees already started with their own blogs. We decided to discuss further on the three common reasons on why we blog, the different genres (which has subgenres), blog set-up, blogging platforms and some random tips.
Â I’m glad that a number of bloggers went to the venue that early. I saw Peter and Jen (my i.ph Kuya and Ate), Tita Noemi (who encouraged me before the talk), Edward, Sire, Jonel, Jason, Bong, Arbet among others. The Cebu Bloggers Society members were there too! (represent! woot!).Â To be honest, we managed to finish the final PPT at 6:30AM hehe and since we don’t want our talk to be very “technical”, we decided to add a little spice Â by making it fun, spontaneous and gay. I’m glad that we were able to pull it off. (Pero bagay din naman kami, diba? LOL).
The Fritz-Poyt tandem followed and gave a lecture on Photoblogging 101. Now I know the difference of photography and digital imaging LOL.
Videobloggers Azrael and Kring encouraged a lot of bloggers to venture into Â videoblogging by giving out a fabOUlous talk. Kring is just too adorable onstage and my favorite scene there is when she scolded Azrael about the wrong spelling LOL. Whatta Fab presentation indeed! 😀
It was my first time to see Ka Edong speak on an event. I learned a lot from his talk and he was able to explain the importance of mobile blogging these days.
Benj and Juned gave an excellent talk on the Blogging Do’s and Don’ts. Benj surprised a lot of bloggers with his fast yet very meaningful talk. On the other hand, Juned delivered his speech in a more calm manner and with photos and trivias.Â
The last speakers for the morning session are my favorites Coy and Winston who gave a lecture onÂ Blog Promotion & Traffic Generation Strategies. Cokskiblue and BatangYagit FTW!
We ate our lunch at the venue and later on had dessert on Chocolate Kiss with some bloggers. We failed to catch the first part of the afternoon session due to the heavy rain.
Glad to see Jehz and the other bloggers when we went back to the venue. He showed to us the Patay Gutom cards he printed out and we decided to physically cut them. I think the funniest moment for the Nyoks was when we handed some calling cards to Carlo Ople, the blogger who wrote a very controversial blog post last month about the types of bloggers. I am happy to know that he loves our dead hungry food blog and even campaigned for us! Yay thanks!
I was also with my closest blogger friends like Cai, Ada, Louis, Alan, Jhelo, Fitz, Aileen, Jay, Aaron, Gee, Rommel, Nina, Reyna Byahilo,Â Sarah, Carl, Tita DineÂ , Ederic among others. It was truly a fun, fun event!
Here are some photos taken from various sources:
(link love fromÂ Influential Blogger)
Live stream feed last May 9
- Blogging 101 by AJ and Mica 1/2Â (2/2)
- Photo Blogging 101 by Faith and Fritz 1/2Â (2/2)
- Mobile Blogging by Edwin 1/2Â (2/2)
- Doâ€™s and Donâ€™ts of Blogging by Benj and Juned 1/2Â (2/2)
- Blog Promotion and Traffic Generation Strategies by Coy and Winston 1/2Â (2/2)
- Legal Issues in Blogging by JJ
- COMELEC on Blogging and Bloggers by James Jimenez 1/2Â (2/2)
- Corporate Blogging by Mannix PabalanÂ ofÂ AyosDito.ph
- Blog Marketing & Advertising insights by Jayvee
- Problogging by Fitz 1/2Â (2/2)
- The Secret Behind Taking Your Blog to the Next Level by Anton
- RPs Blogging Community Preparing for the 2010 PollsÂ (GMA News)
- iBlog5Â (Sonnie)
- Bakla Goes to iBlog5Â (AJ Matela)
- iBlog5, Photobloggerâ€™s JourneyÂ (VanJohnn)
- iBlog5 tackles bloggerâ€™s role in electionÂ (Patricia)
- iBlog5: Back to the Basics of BloggingÂ (John)
- The iBlog5 ExperienceÂ (Marhgil)
- iBlog 5: My first blogging eventÂ (Randy)
- My iBlog5 ExperienceÂ (Maureen)
- The Thirsty Blogger Attends iBlog 5Â (Fitz)
- Success of iBlog5: CongratulationsÂ (Gilbert)
- IBLOG5 and TabooÂ (Juned)
- Deconstructing the iBlog5 SummitÂ (Fencesitter)
- How to blog about bloggingÂ (Tikisoka)
- Timeline of unreported noteworthy occurrences at the 5th Philippine Blogging Summit(V)
- The Secret in Taking Your Blog to the Next LevelÂ (Anton)
- The iBlog5 ExperienceÂ (N.F. Trapa)
- COMELEC is PHAILÂ (Laya)
- iBlog5 is the 5th Philippine Blogging SummitÂ (Jehzlau)
- Ukay-ukay Escapades at iBlog5!Â (Madz)
- Are you Evolving as a Blogger? (by Anton Diaz @ iBlog5)Â (Lawrence)
- Post iblog5Â (Christa)
- My iBlog5: The 5th Philippine Blogging Summit ExperienceÂ (Jeffrey)
- iBlog5Â (Carl)
- Photoblogging 102, tequila shots, dancing and hulabaloo at iBlog5Â (Poyt)
- Blogging for BloggersÂ (Rene)
- My iBlog5 AftermathÂ (Leira)
- iBlog ExperienceÂ (Maria Katrina)
- iBlog5 5th Philippine Blogging Summit at UP DilimanÂ (Tonyo)
- Top 5 Tips That Probloggers Will Usually Not Tell You About Making Money OnlineÂ (Fitz)
- At iBlog5Â (Arbet)
- Blogger Evolution and 4 Types of BloggersÂ (Carlo)
- iBlog5: So many bloggersâ€¦ so little timeâ€¦Â (Roy)
- 5th Philippine Blogging SummitÂ (Benito)
- iBlog5 ThoughtsÂ (Regnard)
- Live Blogging at Iblog 5 | Pictures and Experience @ iblog 5Â (Dexter)
- iBlog5: The 5th Philippine Blogging SummitÂ (Jen)
- iBlog5: The 5th Philippine Blogging SummitÂ (Rochelle)
- iBlog5 Summit and Itâ€™s Munificent SpeakersÂ (Ada)
- iblog5 – A SuccessÂ (Mon)
- iBlog5, therefore I amÂ (Kevin)
- iBlog5: A FabOUlous EventÂ (Kring)
- The iBlog5 SummitÂ (EdZee)
- iBlog5 Postscript – of Mobile Blogging and the ElectionsÂ (Edwin)
- What I Learned From The iBlog5 Philippine Blogging SummitÂ (Earth)
- I Blog 5Â (Rommel)
- My iBlog5 ExperienceÂ (Snow)
- iBlog5 Post Event Coverage and Reasons Why You Should Go to iBlog6Â (Carlo)
- iBlog5- 5th Philippine Blogging SummitÂ (Noemi)
- iBlog5: The Philippine Blogging SummitÂ (Villa)
- iBlog5, and Coffee With Girl FridayÂ (Judd)
- Blogging About My iBlog5 ExperienceÂ (Louis)
- iBlog 5Â (Niki)
- Ako Mismo a hot topic on iBlog5Â (Lawrence)
See you all at iBlog6! 😀
Thanks to AJ, Arbet, Ada, Carl, Winston, Nina, Jen and Van for the photos! Aja! 😛
Weee iBlog5 is a very good experience! Nice meeting everyone and sana we will all see each other soon… Hehe, 😛 Thanks sa lahat ng fun
kakainggit naman sana umattend ako… please visit my blog also Deo’s Web Blog
HAY! All the people I love were there. Congratulations on your talk! 🙂
awww. i should have attended the blog summit. dang.
Pingback: iBlog5: PhotoBlogging Discussion Complement | fritzified.com
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! galing ng blogging 101 eh.. haha.. nice meeting you there mica!
You and AJ gave a nice talk 🙂 Next year ulit ot sooner 🙂
Pataygutom FTW!! Na encounter mo ang fear sa stage mica. Congratz! Weee
What is iblog5?
i only made it halfway through your talk. but you did well. congrats!!!
you’ve come a long way from the time we met face-to-face in iBlog3. cheers to you!
@Bryan Karl – Nice meeting you din! Sa wakas, may iblog experience ka na! See you in Cebu! 😀
@Deo – Sayang pumunta ka sana 😀
@Ria – Aw. Sayang hindi ka natuloy ate. We love you too hehe 😀
@Arbet – Namiss kita kuya arbet 😛
@berenice – yeah 😀
@Juned – Thanks Kuya Juned! The Blogging do’s and don’ts is one of the highlights of iblog5. Thumbs up weee
@Ada – Na-overcome na sa wakas! 😀
@websalve – Hehe salamat 😀 Too bad we weren’t able to bond pa.
@Billycoy – Salamat Manong 😀
@Drew – Ermmm…
Pingback: iBlog 5–the Fifth Philippine Blogging Summit | The D Spot
I’ve learned a lot from AJ and Mica’s topic.
More power to you guys!
*iBLOG5 was featured in GMA and you can watch it here: Click Here
Mica, see you here in Cebu! Nice meeting everyone in iblog5!
Kumain pala kayo sa Chocolate Kiss! Wah! Miss ko na ‘yan!
@Sexy Mom – Thanks Tita Dine! Also, thanks for being there for me weee love you po 😛
@Edwin – Glad to know that you learned something 😀
@X – Yey Kitakits!
@Fitz – Yup hehe sarap ng cake 😛
bloggers ba na noobs pwede jan? newbie pa lang kac ako pde na ba ako sa iBLog6?
Pingback: Technobiography.com » Blog Archive » iBlog5 Postscript - of Mobile Blogging and the Elections
woot! Ngayon lang ako nakapag blog-surf kse ngayon lang ako nakauwi!!! Congratulations sa talk! Mukhang patok na patok wooooot!
@micamyx! btw, meet Carlo (whatsacoder)… Carlo meet Mica! 😛
Thanks for the linky love Mica. Btw, I really enjoyed listening the blogging 101 discussion with AJ. 😀
nakakainis ndi aq nakasama sa iBlog5… sana meron ulet nxt year! 😛
Waaaahh.. Ang ganda naman ng event nila. Kaka ingit naman kayo diyan.
Pingback: Enchanted Kingdom Magicalympics with Bloggers
Pingback: Invitation to the iBlog Mini @ Consumer Electronics Live (CEL)
Pingback: Why I Will Never Forget 2009