‘Acoustic Princess’ By Princess Velasco (with Music Videos)

Princess Velasco is dubbed as the ‘Acoustic Princess‘ in the Philippine Music Scene. It was just less than two years ago when I blogged about me attending Princess Velasco’s mall tour at SM Megamall for her first album ‘Addicted to Acoustic’. Just a few months after, she released her Addicted to Acoustic 2 . Now, she’s out with her third one!

Princess Velasco dolled up for the Acoustic Princess album pictorial

Time flies really fast. It was just like yesterday when we were working at the same room for the Marketing Department of a company. πŸ˜€ I really learned a lot from her in terms of work and life. She is a corporate expert and versatile performer rolled into one! πŸ˜€

Her third album ‘Acoustic Princess’ is now out in the market (I guess this post is three months delayed LOL). Just like her previous albums, her new one features a number of acoustic version of your favorite hits. The first single though is an original composition called ‘Lonely Night‘. Here’s the music video πŸ™‚

I also discovered two other music videos that she recorded for the third album. Here’s the acoustic version of Katy Perry’s Firework and Usher’s DJ Got Us Falling in Love. Check it out! πŸ™‚

FIREWORK (Acoustic Version) by Princess Velasco

DJ Got Us Falling in Love (Acoustic Version) by Princess Velasco

To be honest though, most of her music videos are too simple. I just hope that her succeeding videos will be better. Why not add extra story into it? Just found out that the videos where shot at Thunderbird Resorts Rizal.

I know for a fact that some fans (and haters) would like to see her record an all-original album soon, which will not only limit to the acoustic genre. Let’s just keep our fingers crossed.

'Acoustic Princess' by Princess Velasco Album Cover

You can catch Princess Velasco every Sunday on ASAP Rocks (ABSCBN/TFC) with the rest of the Sessionistas. ‘Like’ the Official Princess Velasco Facebook Page for updates.

Be Sociable, Share!

Loved my post? Subscribe to Micamyx and be updated!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

9 Comments to ‘Acoustic Princess’ By Princess Velasco (with Music Videos)

1. Mark
    June 7th, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Nice voice , but three albums of cover versions!?!Time for something original by now.

2. Robbie
    June 7th, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Ah sya pala yung kumanta ng Firework na yun.

But I agree with Mark ^
    So sick of pinoys singing covers all the time. There are better and more original artists out there. If you can only sing covers, might as well just stay on YouTube. Just my 2 cents.

3. Remington
    June 7th, 2011 at 11:10 pm

I Love Princess! Nanonood ako ng ASAP Rocks dahil sa kanya. Kahit na big fan ako, tingin ko dapat gumawa na rin siya ng all-original album. Ok naman yung You Still Have My Heart niya. I Love You PRINCESS VELASCO!

4. pusang-kalye
    June 9th, 2011 at 7:40 am

sana suportahan at sumikat mga home grown talents natin like her. I love seeing the music sector get more diversified. I am in support of her!!!!

5. Micamyx
    June 9th, 2011 at 3:34 pm

@Mark – I agree. For sure though that she personally wants to have an all-original album too. Maybe when the producers think its the right time πŸ™‚

@Robbie – Yup siya nga. May YouTube account din siya LOL

@Remington – Thanks Remington! Let’s send an email sa recording company nya then hehe πŸ˜›

@Pusang-Kalye – Thanks Anton! Sana ma-dominate din other Asian countries hehe

6. Lagalag
    June 9th, 2011 at 11:54 pm

You are so lucky to have personally known one of the great talents of our land

7. helen
    June 13th, 2011 at 6:07 pm

I’ve heard her voice before on TV! Really nice! I like acoustic even… I’ve only heard covers though, she has original tracks naman diba? πŸ™‚

8. helen
    June 13th, 2011 at 6:08 pm

i mean, original tracks that are to be released, like in the works? πŸ™‚

9. One Night Stand with Boracay « SENYORITA: Travelogue of a Twenty Something Filipina
    June 13th, 2011 at 7:32 pm

[…] restaurant. Never fails to make my stomach full! The fact that they were playing the songs of Princess Velasco while we were eating our lunch made me […]