The second day of our Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point experience is a  hectic one. We were able to have a mini tour within the resort, the rest of the gang were able to surf in San Juan, had a quick La Union tour and the main event – The Point Residences Official Launch.

I'm like a bird... a Thunderbird LOL :P

I'm like a bird... a Thunderbird LOL 😛

I woke up at around 7:30AM – and that’s already late! Instead of going straight to the breakfast buffet, I ended up surfing the net while I’m in bed 😛 Ruby and I went to the lobby by 8AM to meet up with the other bloggers. The marketing staff of Thunderbird Resorts gave us a quick tour while we’re riding at the golf carts.

Let the pictures show how wonderful the place is!

Let's play bump cars! Errr... bump carts! Errr... no :|

Let's play bump cars! Errr... bump carts! Errr... no 😐

Wonderful Tree :)

Wonderful Tree 🙂

Let's play golf in Santorini!

Let's play golf in Santorini!

The Boardwalk

The Boardwalk

The Beach

The Beach

View from Top

View from Top

I managed to take some pictures. You can check my gallery here.

Byahilo the surferdude :P

Byahilo the surferdude 😛

After our quick breakfast, we went straight to San Juan, La Union to try out surfing. I wanted to try surfing again, but I ended up taking pictures and went to the place where we stayed last year.

Mr Pink and River the Dog

Mr Pink and River the Dog

I saw Mr. Pink, one of the veteran surfing instructor under Luke Landrigan. Too bad he wasn’t there but his pet dog River is!

Some of our companions enjoyed surfing while the rest enjoyed watching them 😛

Ma-Cho Temple in San Fernando, La Union

Ma-Cho Temple in San Fernando, La Union

Ma-Cho Temple in San Fernando, La Union

Ma-Cho Temple in San Fernando, La Union

We went straight to Ma-Cho Temple. This is my favorite among all the Chinese temples I’ve visited. It is strategically located adjacent to the South China Sea. The caretaker also allowed us to take pictures. I was able to pray and asked two questions. I wouldn’t reveal what I asked here, but it has something to do with my plans for 2011 🙂

Halo Halo de Iloko - Magpasarap ka muna!

Halo Halo de Iloko - Magpasarap ka muna!

Thunderbird_Poro142

Thunderbird_Poro143

Thunderbird_Poro147

Since we’re all tired and hungry, we went to the famous Halo-Halo de Iloko, which has the slogan ‘Magpasarap ka muna’. LOL 😛 Ilocano food ftw!

'Unruined' Mama Mary in Pindangan Ruins

'Unruined' Mama Mary in Pindangan Ruins

Pindangan Ruins

Pindangan Ruins

Our next destination is the Pindangan Ruins, which is believed to be the oldest church in La Union. The church was completely ruined sometime in the 18th century because of a big earthquake.

Centennial Tree, is that you?! :P

Centennial Tree, is that you?! 😛

I am not really sure this is the Centennial Tree, but I want to believe that this is the one because it’s really huge 😀

Inya ti istorya dita Balay ni Atong?

Inya ti istorya dita Balay ni Atong?

Hello, Roomie!

Hello, Roomie!

We also found a very interesting house at the back of Pindangan Ruins. It is called Balay ni Atong. We were tempted to knock and so we did 😛 Unfortunately, walang tao 😐 Anyone who can share what this place is? I think it’s a restaurant at night.

After touring around La Union, we all went straight to Thunderbird and stayed in our room for two hours. Our room tempted us to sleep and relax a bit 😛

We are asked to go to the Registration Area at 5PM for the launch of The Point Residences.

Before the grand launch

Before the grand launch

The Toast

The Toast

The Point Residences Grand Launch was attended by some of their most important officers. To make the event more special, Gov. Ortega of La Union went there to show moral support.

As the sun sets at Poro Point

As the sun sets at Poro Point

The program proper ended immediately. I managed to take this picture which i personally like.

Me and Tito Raymond :)

Me and Tito Raymond 🙂

We ate dinner at 7PM and while the rest are partying, I ended up going to my bed to sleep at 7:30PM and woke up at 10PM to meet up with Tito Raymond, who happens to be in Thunderbird that day too! He went there with the rest of his colleagues at work to play golf. It’s been a long time since we both talk in a serious matter. It was a perfect opportunity to catch up and discuss personal things. 🙂

🙂

I went back to our room with a big smile on my face 🙂 I so love my bed, the room, the place. <3 That’s THE POINT of the trip 😛

I’ll be narrating more on the pool and last day adventures at Thunderbird La Union. I’ll be writing a separate detailed entry about The Point Residences at Senyorita.net soon 🙂

Be Sociable, Share!

Loved my post? Subscribe to Micamyx and be updated!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

15 Comments to Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point – Exploring La Union and The Point Residences Launch

1. Bubba
    October 20th, 2010 at 2:25 pm

Hey Mica!

Who arranged for your tour in La Union? I wanna go around La Union too but i dont know how to get to places =)

Bubba

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.

2. Robbie
    October 21st, 2010 at 12:20 pm

Ang gondo gondo tologoooooooooo!!!!!
    Isasama ko na talaga ang La Union sa mga must-go-to-places ko next year! 😀

3. josh
    October 21st, 2010 at 10:53 pm

wow 😀 saya siguro dito pag every night may tanduay ice 😛

4. Will
    October 22nd, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Wow. Ang ganda ng place! Pag ako yumaman talaga, pupunta ako sa lahat ng lugar sa buong Pilipinas amp!!!

5. Vic
    October 24th, 2010 at 12:23 am

Hi Mica, the place are so captivating. My eyes really enjoy browsing all the photos. The place is world class. I wish to dropped by at La Union when I fly to Luzon.

6. The Photoblogger
    October 25th, 2010 at 2:42 pm

ang ganda ng pics! i love ur last pic most and also your nice tree pic 😀

7. pusang-kalye
    October 26th, 2010 at 7:02 pm

asan na comment ko? bat parang di nag-appear.hehehe

8. pusang-kalye
    October 26th, 2010 at 7:04 pm

wl naman na palang approval approval eh—weird. alam ko nagcomment ako dati. dinelete mo ba Mica? lol

nways—about thunderbird PORO point, I guess it’s everybody’s dream to be in a Mediterranean inspired resort like that. tapos yung isolation nya is a perfect getway for me. yoko na ng maingayn—well, minsan, hahaha.

pero aminin mo. iba mag-alaga ang Thunderbird. galante kung galante sa tour. tama?

9. Micamyx
    October 26th, 2010 at 10:49 pm

@Bubba – Hello! Thunderbird tapped a certain travel agency to help us with the tour. You can contact DOT La Union for more information. I’ll post more details once i get home 🙂

@Robbie – Go! Daan ka na rin ng Pangasinan at Baguio 😀

@Josh – I bet 😛

@Will – Pangarap ko rin ‘yan 😀 Pwede rin one place at a time. Ganda ng Pinas!

@Vic – Go Vic! Where are you based now?

@The Photoblogger – Thanks Van! I love that tree shot too. I am so fascinated with tall trees 🙂

@Pusang Kalye – Sa kabilang post yun hehe yup ganda talaga sa thunderbird. Perfect getaway 😀

10. HeyNica
    November 3rd, 2010 at 9:48 am

Hi Mica, the tour guide was from the DOT, but yes there are travel agencies that offer tours.

By the way, La Union Governor is Manuel Ortega. 🙂

11. Micamyx
    November 3rd, 2010 at 3:35 pm

@Hey Nica- Wah fail! Espino nailagay ko which is our Governor sa Pangasinan LOL T_T Thanks for the correction 😛

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.

12. Brenna
    November 5th, 2010 at 4:43 am

ganda!
    i secretly despise you for your long legs girl. LOVING the jumpshot.
    pahiram naman ng legs oh!. :p

13. Join Thunderbird Resorts’ Extraordinary Online Video Contest!
    January 13th, 2011 at 9:26 am

[…] convince you more, check my Thunderbird Resorts Trip posts here and here. Join now! Share and […]

14. Bloggers Fest 2011 @ Thunderbird Resorts Rizal
    April 20th, 2011 at 5:56 am

[…] Resorts in Binangonan, Rizal. Last year, I was able to stay for three days and three nights at Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point in San Fernando, La Union. I enjoyed my stay in the Santorini-like resort that’s why when Azrael asked me if i can be a […]

15. blank
    January 31st, 2019 at 11:52 am

Balay ni Atong showcases hand woven textiles done on traditional wooden looms by Ilocano artisans using weaving techniques passed on through generations. Contemporary Ilocano Hand woven textiles from the collection of Balay ni Atong. Remarkable for their rich coloring and bold designs, hand-woven textiles are an important part of the long, varied cultural heritage of Ilocos Region.

Opens only by appointment!

Visit http://www.balayniatong.com