I have three planners beside my laptop as I type this entry – one is the red 2009 Starbucks Planner that I used last year (which now acts as my mousepad), the 2010 Starbucks Planner (which I claimed before at the third week of November) and the 2010 Belle de Jour Planner I bought from Powerbooks last weekend.To be honest, I am still itching to get the 2010 This Journal Will Actually Change Someone’s Life because of the interesting holidays written in there and organized layout as I’ve seen in Jade’s house last month.
Too many planners, eh? I guess having a number of planners is perfectly fine as long as you use them. I decided to use the Belle de Jour Planner for appointments and important details and the Starbucks Planner for my expenses (i badly need this T_T).
What is the use of having a planner if you don’t really have any goals at all? Ano yan, display? Of course not 😛 I recently came up with a list of my Plans and Goals for the Year of the Tiger. I don’t really want to make a New Year’s Resolution since I tend to break them immediately. Maybe listing down your goals and plans for 2010 will be better, right?
Are you interested to know my Myx-ed Plans and Goals for twentyten? Read on!
1. Be Healthy – I am not obese or malnourished, but I really feel like I need to exercise. Going to the gym weekly will do maybe attending in fun runs will do. The problem is I tend to be lazy since I am seldom awake in the morning (I go to work at 1-2pm so I tend to wake up at around 11 or 12 LOL). I would like to go back to dancing (I used to be a member of the school dance troupe in high school and college 😛 ). Taking up dancing, aerobics, yoga or even pole dancing will do. Time to be physically fit!
Another thing to work on is my habit of not drinking vitamins and prescribed medicines. I once complained about my back last year and my right ear is also infected. I am not really used to drinking medicines even when I was a little kid. I have to drink these tablets and capsules for me to live longer 😛
2. Save Money – Before I joined the workplace, I was an idealistic colegiala who wants to work in a multinational company and get a high salary. I originally planned to put at least 50% of my monthly salary at the bank so that I won’t end up broke. Guess what? I’ve worked in two companies already, but I haven’t really saved anything! Thanks to blogging money, I can manage to support my daily and travelling needs. Without it, I wouldn’t be able to enjoy with my life much. Realistically speaking, if I set aside 50% of my salary for my savings, I’d probably end up eating canned goods everyday. SAVE SAVE SAVE your salary and blogging money and buy yourself a condo… and a car! Weeee! 😛
3. Work on the Hair and the Skin – Most parloristas claim that the Hair is a woman’s crowning glory. Is that true or do they want us to go back to their salon and have our hair done again? LOL 😛 Unfortunately, it is true. Unfortunately for me, my hair is seldom cooperative. The split-ends and dry hair makes me want to just tie it with a pony. Almost everyday is a bad hair day for me. I need to work on this. Relax? Rebond? I dunno. The skin is also dry and ugly. I hate applying lotions and I also hate applying something on my face at night. I am really lazy when it comes to these vanity things that girls do. Just like what my friend Hannah said, there’s no ugly people. Only lazy ones. Yikes. Maybe I need to work on my lazy a$$ by making this hair-lotion-acne control kit application a ritual…. tomorrow 😛
4. Buy Clothes and Shoes – For heaven’s sake, I keep on wearing the same clothes! Try to browse through my 2009 entries and you’d notice that I wear the same tops almost all the time T_T These tops are either black or white din. Ako na…. ang playing safe. Ako na rin ang laging nasa comfort zone. Ako na ang hindi nag-eexperiment. Ako na ang tamad magshopping. I also have six slippers and 3 shoes. No flats. No rubbershoes. Ako na ang lakwatserang laging nakatsinelas. I think buying at least two clothes or shoes every payday will do, right? I don’t really enjoy shopping for clothes that much T_T
5. Go to England – This is the biggest challenge to date. Go to England this year. I am challenging myself to save up (uhm) for a plane ticket to England so that I can spend at least two weeks with my Mom and Brother Carlo! Chatting with them through Skype every week makes me want to go there and hug them all day, all night. I wonder how it feels like to live in there (Mama and Carlo are based in Rugby). I want to stay there for a vacation and who knows, I might just migrate there… which i am not yet capable of doing.
6. Make at Least Four Short Films – Last year, I wrote, produced and directed two short films entitled Kuya Bunso (family-drama on living with an autistic brother) and The 12th of June (taking a chance at love). I am determined to finish some shorts and hopefully join in a local film festival. I do really feel that I have a place in the Philippine movie industry whether that is in the indie or mainstream. I also need to finish at least two full-length scripts. I may not know it, but maybe a rich interesting producer might want me to pitch my idea and eventually give me a budget to do the film weee 😀 Go Direk Mica! (Hurray for self-supporting cheers T_T )
7. Update Blogs Often – I have a lot of blogs. Want me to enumerate all of them? One, Two, Three… Errr… I lost count already T_T The primary ones are not updated regularly. Take for example my Missing Carlo Blog (last update: October T_T ), Myx Technology (last update: September T_T), Senyorita (last update: September), Patay Gutom (last contribution: November T_T) and many, many more. I need to blog often. I need to! I will start immediately… next week 😛
8. Take Up Driving Lessons – This is my mom’s dillema eversince she was still working in Dagupan. She is forcing me to take up Driving Lessons, but I never really had the chance to do so. Yesterday, she asked me if I know how to drive now since she’s planning to buy a car in England (and she will hire me as her lady driver. Hurray for me!). As expected, she is disappointed with the big NO. I seriously want to learn how to drive, it’s just that I don’t have the time. My work schedule is unpredictable and I have rackets (or trips) on weekends. I’ll try to make time for this. I will look for a nearby driving school…. next month. 😛
9. Do Better at Work – Why is this on the 9th spot?! This should be on the Top 5 or something haha 😛 Oh well. I think I am doing pretty well at work since I really feel that I am destined to write about our local celebrities. If there’s one thing that I am not good at in my current job, that is my attendance (let’s not elaborate on this, please? ) I am TRYING my best not to be late at work. At least I try, right? The first three days of work so far is great based on my time card. Will try to go earlier to work… by next week.
10. GET TO KNOW MORE GUYS AND LEARN HOW TO FLIRT IN ORDER FOR YOU TO GET A BOYFRIEND THIS YEAR – Talaga bang kailangan kong i-capitalize yan?!? LOL! I need to expand my network and meet more people to possibly meet my soon-to-be boyfriend someday. I am not really in a hurry, PERO PWEDE THIS YEAR NA?!
Whew! That’s a long list with much explanation! I noticed something upon reading what i wrote above – I simply need to physically move to do these things. STOP PROCRASTINATING! START WORKING ON YOUR GOALS…