Weekend Lakwatsa at Boracay with the Grannies and HS Bestie (Photostory)

FlySeair

APRIL 1994 – The month and year when I first rode an airplane with my parents. If I’m not mistaken, the trip to Hongkong was their graduation gift and at the same time an advanced birthday treat to me. I remember my mom telling me that they wanted me to experience how it feels like to ride an airplane so that I will have a story to tell to my classmates. They warned me that it might take me a long time before I will fly on air again.

FLYSEAIR

And they were right! Fifteen years after, I was given the chance to experience my first ever domestic flight. Thanks to SEAIR for the wonderful trip to Caticlan. Last year, I won six tickets from their writing contest. I originally wanted to go to Palawan, but due to undisclosed reason, we were assigned to go to Boracay instead. What made this trip extra special? Hmmmm…. aside from it’s my first time to go to one of the best beaches in the world, I went there with my lovable grandparents and my high school bestfriend named Maire. Another fun fact is that we are all first timers!

At the airport with Lolo and Lola

At the airport with Lolo and Lola

Maire and Me inside the plane

Maire and Me inside the plane

Impatiently waiting for my late lunch at Shakey's

Impatiently waiting for my late lunch at Shakey's

Me and my Grandparents at Boracay

Me and my Grandparents at Boracay

Maire and I loving Bora

Maire and I loving Bora

First time to wear bikini in public (dati sa kwarto lang LOL)

First time to wear bikini in public (dati sa kwarto lang LOL)

Spending the night eating all i can for Php250

Spending the night eating all i can for Php250

Snorkling for the first time! (Uhm, look at the boat at the background LOL)

Snorkling for the first time! (Uhm, look at the boat at the background LOL)

Snorkling in the name of friendship

Snorkling in the name of friendship

Going deep down under

Going deep down under

Reef Walking for the sake of friendship (again!)

Reef Walking for the sake of friendship (again!)

Lolo and Lola in their private gala moments

Lolo and Lola in their private gala moments

Still keeping the love alive

Still keeping the love alive

Riding at the 19 passenger toy plane with Koreanz

Riding at the 19 passenger toy plane with Koreanz

Since this trip is so special to me, I would like to write a longer blog post about it. I am happy because I was able to spend the Independence weekend with my high school bestfriend, Maire (we once dreamt about this way back, remember?), Lola Paquita (whom i truly admire with all the sacrifices she had to go through during the trip teehee) and Lolo Peping, who looked like a little boy when he told me that its his first time ride in a propeller plane after 40 long years.

On the next blog post, you will learn why I kept on mentioning the phrase “For the sake of friendship” everytime Maire and I have a photo together. I will also share to you the flight details, our stay at Tans Guesthouse, the nightlife, Island hopping, Puka beach, Snorling, Reef walking, Para-sailing, camwhoring, spending too much on mineral water, painful sunburn, wearing a bikini at the beach for the first time, catching up with your high school buddy and of course, seeing your grannies happy in the wonderful place called Boracay. Woot! Again, special thanks to SEAIR for making this trip possible! Sa uulitin 😛

PS: Due to the trip, I decided to convert one of my blogs into a travel blog. It will be launched this July 😀

Be Sociable, Share!

Loved my post? Subscribe to Micamyx and be updated!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

16 Comments to Weekend Lakwatsa at Boracay with the Grannies and HS Bestie (Photostory)

1. nina
    June 30th, 2009 at 12:01 am

Aha, sa Tans pala kayo nauwi 😀

2. jehzlau
    June 30th, 2009 at 1:15 am

wow! kainggit! sarap mag bora.. di pa ako nakaka punta dyan ever. hehe

3. Ada
    June 30th, 2009 at 4:14 am

Whhaa!! Inggit ako, ang libre pa siya woot! Ang cute ng airplane ang liit wee!
    Gusto ko punta jan hindi pa ako nakapunta jan 😀

4. Maki
    June 30th, 2009 at 6:03 am

Wow gusto tuloy bumalik! :p Libre ba yung underwater picture? 😀

5. Bryan Karl
    June 30th, 2009 at 8:51 am

Waaah gusto ko maka-experience ng Bora excapade! 😀

6. Micamyx
    June 30th, 2009 at 8:55 am

@Nina – Yup hehe thanks to your blog post!

@Jehzlau – Punta ka na nyok kayang-kaya mo naman hehe 🙂 Gusto ko na ngang bumalik hehe

@Ada – Isa ka pa haha punta tayo diyan minsan weee mura lang pamasahe ng SEAIR ngayon 🙂

@Maki – Aw. We paid for it hehe pero ok lang masaya naman.

@Bryan Karl – Let’s gooooo! Invite the Cebu Bloggers and Manila bloggers then dun tayo magkita-kita LOL

7. Jhelo
    June 30th, 2009 at 9:49 am

WOW! Gusto ko ding makapunta sa Boracay! Matagal ko na ding pangarap makapunta dito pero ang hirap! Hehehe..
    Dear Google,
    Send me to Bora with my family and friends! 😀

8. david.edward
    July 1st, 2009 at 5:41 am

malalim ba ung water sa snorkling site? grabe ung dito sobrang lalim, bigla akong napabalik sa bangka.. lolz.. di ko pa na experience sumakay sa plane na propeller lang.. anong feeling? nakakatakot ba? 🙂

9. Micamyx
    July 1st, 2009 at 8:39 am

@Jhelo – Punta ka na! Kayang-kaya mong pumunta dun 😀

@David.Edward- Malalim din hehe ang nakakatakot pa dun hindi ako marunong lumangoy 😐 Hmmmm… nakakatakot yung sa toy plane (yellow LOL) pero exciting 😀

10. maire
    July 1st, 2009 at 9:32 am

hahaha. talagang ilang beses dapat banggitin ang for the sake of friendship!? 😀

admit it, you enjoyed it too 🙂

too bad we were to tired to go parasailing.. :p

11. Sonnie
    July 1st, 2009 at 1:09 pm

Hi Mica,

Here’s the link for the blogger event on July 11 :

Bring your PG blogger friends

12. Micamyx
    July 1st, 2009 at 7:53 pm

@maire – yup hehe pero i will explain on my next blog entry. i want to go back to bora now! 😀

@Sonnie – Sige po i will inform them po. Thank you 🙂

13. Chris A of Life On A Pencil
    July 3rd, 2009 at 8:57 am

I wish I know how to swim though ahahaha para naeenjoy ko ang beach at mga swimming get together na ganyan ahahaha. Haven’t been to Boracay but someday I will. Nice photos.

14. ate virgie
    July 14th, 2009 at 7:45 pm

dalaga na alaga ko, nakakaingit naman…sa susunod sama naman ako…hope you are also here in england. always take care there

15. SEAIR Increases Flights to Caticlan!
    August 25th, 2009 at 9:53 pm

[…] months ago, I went to Boracay with my grandparents and high school bestfriend. We got the chance to try a lot of activities like Snorkling and Reef Walking among others. Thanks […]

16. One Night Stand with Boracay « SENYORITA: Travelogue of a Twenty Something Filipina
    June 13th, 2011 at 7:36 pm

[…] we went there and enjoyed our own chill time at the beach) and my high school bestfriend Maire. It’s a trip of many firsts – Reef Walking, Paraw Sailing and it also taught me the importance of applying Sun Block from […]